Sometimes in life we are dealt curveballs. Just when things are going perfect and you can’t imagine things going any better, there comes the curveball. I’ve been dealt curveballs before, and I’ve been faced with the dilemma of do I wallow in self-pity or do I do something to change the circumstances. Life is full of choices. Every morning you can choose to get up and face the day with a positive attitude or you can sit around and feel sorry for yourself. Newsflash though, every person you encounter is fighting a battle that you might not know exists. If you find yourself in an unexpected situation, consider the following.
- Wake up every morning with the mindset that TODAY is the day you will change your circumstances. Today is the day you will make the changes necessary for your future.
- Count your blessings. As bad as things may seem, you are still surrounded by blessings. Do you have four walls and a roof over your head? It doesn’t matter how nice of a house or the contents of your home, but the fact that you have a roof over your head. Start with the small things and you will be amazed at the countless blessings that surround you on a daily basis.
- Always try to live life with a positive attitude. You can’t live a positive life with a negative mentality.
- Focus on yourself first. It is impossible to make those around you happy if you aren’t happy yourself. Focus on yourself first, then focus on those around you.
- Remember that no matter what your situation is, it’s temporary. You can make changes to enhance the future, but you can’t change the past. Make e changes to live the life that you have always envisioned!