Today, October 6th, is National Do Something Nice Day. As I woke up this morning and saw this trending on Twitter, I thought about what I could do today to make someone’s day a little brighter. I compiled a list of “nice things” that you could do for someone, but feel free to add other things to the list! Imagine what an impact it could have in our communities if everyone took the time to do something nice for someone today!
- Pay for someone’s coffee, lunch, or dinner
- Stop and talk with an elderly neighbor
- Visit a nursing home and talk with the residents
- Compliment a co-worker on their appearance, work performance, or character trait
- Introduce yourself to a neighbor or co-worker that has recently joined your neighborhood or workplace
- Donate to a local food pantry or animal shelter
- Donate your time to a church, school, or shelter
- Write a positive review on a local business that you had a positive experience at
- Call an old friend and offer to catch up on things
There are so many other nice things that you could do for someone not just today, but every day. Don’t let the day pass without doing something nice and out of the ordinary for someone. You won’t regret it!